Free Forklift Training
Free Forklift Training
Free Online Forklift Training
If you want free forklift training, there is a wealth of easily accessible information that is freely available on the Internet. There are two broad categories of information about free online forklift training, regulatory and practical. Maybe you are in your last year of high school and thinking about being a forklift operator when you graduate; you have a computer and an Internet connection and want to learn everything you can about the job.
In the United States, the relevant government agency is the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). For free OSHA forklift training, the organization’s web page on powered industrial trucks (forklifts) is an excellent source. Right away, you will learn that one-quarter of all forklift-related deaths are caused by overturning forklifts and that this is the leading cause of forklift fatalities. That’s an easy enough concept to grasp. However, the rest of the website is not novice-friendly. Unless you are looking for free OSHA forklift training material so that you can be a compliance officer, you may want to look for simpler free online forklift training resources.
Free Forklift Training OSHA, FLC Style
Fortunately, FLC maintains its own, more digestible website with a special section for free OSHA forklift training. There is a lot of stuff that OSHA want you to know that you might not think is directly relevant to free forklift training. Note, however, that you will not be operating a forklift in a vacuum. For example, you may not think that information on labeling of hazardous chemicals is important to you, but if you happen to be lugging crates of glass bottles containing hydrochloric acid, you will be surprised at how quickly this information can become relevant to your working day.
- Hazard communication
- Personal protection equipment
- Back safety
- Forklift safety and operation
- Hearing conservation (under construction at the time of writing)
- Other free training sites
Signing up for free forklift training OSHA regulations from FLC is just one of the bonuses of free forklift training that we offer. We also have four “How To” guides:
- How to develop a forklift operator training program
- How to certify your operators – This one is aimed at employers and gives a lot of useful information about developing a company-specific and sustainable workplace forklift training program.
- Trainer guide – This is a free forklift training power point that explains the responsibilities of forklift trainers, what should be included in a training curriculum, different methods of training and OSHA training requirements.
- Operator guide – This slide presentation is absolutely packed with information about:
- Forklift stability – basic principles; the stability triangle; longitudinal, lateral and dynamic stability; includes detailed, easy-to-understand diagrams
- The four major types of hazard
- Types of powered industrial truck and unique characteristics
- Diagram showing the components of a forklift
- Seven classes of forklift
- A section on maritime forklifts
- A special bonus – 10 steps for evaluating your OSHA forklift training needs
All of these free online forklift training guides are available in the Learning Zone of our Resources Page.
Forklift Training and Certification
While there is a vast wealth of freely available forklift training on the Internet, in the United States at least you will need a forklift certification before you can legally drive a forklift in the workplace. OSHA levy heavy fines if they discover that a forklift operator is not properly licensed.
To learn how to become a certified, OSHA-compliant forklift truck operator, give us a call or visit our website at ForkliftCertification.com.