Chicago Forklift Certification, 100% Online
Forklifts are particularly useful when it comes to transporting heavy goods across short distances. Even better, they have a forked platform that can help raise and lower bigger and heavier loads. Are you considering utilizing a forklift for your next Chicago based construction job? If so, then it’s necessary to first learn how to get forklift certified in Chicago.
Every job site in Chicago that has a forklift needs to have a certified forklift operator on site. Otherwise, the employer could face fines from OSHA. The good news, though, is that getting your Chicago forklift certification has never been easier, especially if you choose to work with us here at forkliftcertification.com.
Our online program can help you certify one employee or an entire team. Learn more about how our Chicago forklift certification online program works below.
How to Get Forklift Certified Online in Chicago
Getting employees forklift certified online in Chicago with Forkliftcertification.com is easy. There’s no need to send forklift operators to more expensive and time consuming off-site training programs. The steps to get certified online with us are as follows:
- Sign Up – Employers can sign their workers up with Forkliftcertification.com by creating an account.
- Choose Forklift Course – We offer a variety of forklift certifications depending on the type of forklift your operator will be driving, for example rough terrain forklifts or pallet jacks (see our offered courses in the image below). Choose the courses needed and check out.
- Complete Online Training – Operators can complete the training in their own time and at their own pace from any device. Upon completion, workers will need to take and pass an online test to demonstrate their skills. There’s zero pressure, they can take the test as many times as needed to pass.
- On-Site Evaluation – An on-site employee of yours must provide a hands-on evaluation. Don’t have an operator trained to give these hands-on evaluations? Check out our train-the-trainer course that teaches operators how to train others and give this evaluation, complete with a checklist.
- Print Your Operator Card – Once this final step is complete, your operator will be certified to drive a forklift in Chicago and throughout the United States! Employees can print their operator card and certificate directly from our program for proof of certification.
Once you, your employees, or your team goes through these steps, they’ll be considered fully trained to operate forklifts based on OSHA’s standards. It’s wise for both employees and employers to retain copies of this certification in the event of a future jobsite inspection.
Why You Should Choose Forkliftcertification.com for Forklift Certification
In the past, getting yourself or your team forklift certified often meant taking time off of work and going off-site to get training. Nowadays, however, you can complete the whole process on-site and in a timely manner if you opt for the right program. Forkliftcertificaiton.com is a top choice for many employers because our process is:
- 24/7 access to the curriculum – allows employees to learn at any time or place that’s convenient. The courses can also be accessed from any device with an internet connection.
- Fast and Easy – The course only takes about an hour to complete, and the test at the end can be taken as many times as an employee needs until they pass.
- Certification Cards – Upon completion of the training, employees can print their certification cards that serve as proof of training and OSHA compliance.
- Free Renewals – We’re the only company who gives free lifetime access to the training course. OSHA requires an evaluation of forklift drivers’ performance every three years. If a refresher course is needed, with Forkliftcertification.com there is no need to pay again. Use our course again every three years or whenever you need a refresher.
- Affordable – Our Train the Trainer courses at $149 and Complete Training Kits starting at $299 are a great deal. You’ll also save valuable time and money by not sending forklift operators off-site for training.
For all these reasons and more, our forklift certification program is a great choice. If for whatever reason you aren’t fully happy with your purchase, then we’d be happy to give you your money back.
Forklift Certification in Chicago: FAQs
Below, we’ll go over some of the most commonly asked questions about forklift certification in Chicago.
Can I Get Fined if an Employee Gets Injured on a Forklift?
In a nutshell, the answer is yes. OSHA has the legal authority to fine employers after they discover safety violations. For instance, the Department of Labor fined Global Experience Specialists $91,000 after an employee was injured at Chicago’s McCormick Place. If it’s discovered that the employee wasn’t certified to operate or forklift or other safety violations were present, then you could get fined, too.
Can Employers Get Fined for Employee Negligence on a Forklift?
Again, the answer to this question is ‘yes’. One notable instance of this happened back in 2018 when OSHA fined a marine cargo handler after a fatal forklift accident at the Port of San Diego. While the fatally injured operator made the decision not to wear a seatbelt and disable certain safety devices, the fatality was still, in part, a result of the employer’s negligence. It’s an employer’s duty to ensure that safety regulations are followed. As a result of the ordeal, they were fined $205,235.
How Costly Can Forklift Citations be in Chicago?
Clearly, forklift citations can be very hefty. Fines can be as high as several hundred thousand dollars, especially when a fatality has occurred.
Get Forklift Certified Online for Chicago Today!
If your organization employs workers who use lifts on the job, turn to the best forklift certification and training in Chicago. FLC offers convenient, affordable training opportunities for companies across industries. Fail to provide the required training and your company may up the odds of a workplace accident. Injuries, fatalities, and OSHA penalties may be on the line.
FLC’s forklift certification in Chicago is incredibly cost-effective. Given our 100 percent pass rate, this is one investment you’ll want to make in your employees. Secure online access makes it easy to learn on the go. Since our training is constantly updated to reflect changing OSHA guidelines, you’ll always be in the know about the latest requirements.
Still have questions about forklift training in Chicago, IL? Our team is happy to help address them and guide you through our OSHA-compliant packages. Call us at 888-278-8896 or reach out online today.