5 Forklift Safety Tips
Forklift Safety – Why a Safe Workplace is a Better Workplace
“Safety first.” For many companies, this slogan is important, but not THE most important concept. At ForkliftCertification.com, safety is why we’re in business. It’s the reason we exist. It’s what drives our team of OSHA forklift experts day-in, day-out to produce the best forklift training materials available today. At FLC, forklift safety is paramount, plain and simple. Until the workplace is accident-free, we’ll do everything possible to give managers and employees the best possible forklift safety training.
A vital component of safety is personal responsibility. Along these lines, we’ve created the “Operator Safety First” concept. This key core aspect defines the entire line of FLC forklift safety training material. Operator Safety First is exactly what it sounds like. It stresses personal safety, first and foremost; if every forklift driver operates safety, the entire company will collectively follow. If any known safety practices are violated, Operator Safety First holds the operator accountable. And finally, the concept helps establish safe forklift operation guidelines for your entire fleet of forklift operators.
LEARN ABOUT FORKLIFT SAFETY! FLC PUTS YOU ON THE PATH TO SAFE, SUPERIOR WORKPLACE PRACTICES
Five Forklift Safety Tips – An Exclusive Sneak-Peak into FLC’s Advanced Training Materials
- Report an accident, even if you think it’s no big deal. Forklift safety is a serious matter. Even the smallest safety infraction should be mentioned to your supervisor.
- Never travel with elevated cargo. This is one of the most important aspects of forklift safety training and is a leading cause of industrial accidents. Elevated cargo causes tip-overs, unbalanced traction, limited visibility and other safety risks.
- Proceed with caution along inclines, near corners and adjacent to loading trucks. One of the most useful forklift safety tips involves common sense forklift operation around certain hazard areas. Loading docks, non-linear routes, and areas with pedestrian traffic require safe speeds, extra caution, and a solid knowledge of OSHA forklift safety procedures.
- Use a spotter whenever the forklift driver has limited vision. Teamwork is essential for forklift drivers that require a better line of sight. Have a co-worker spot for you whenever a limited field of vision impacts your ability to effectively and safety operate your forklift.
- Ensure your forklift’s safety features are working before each shift begins. This includes the horn, safety lights, backup warning signals, brakes, lift controls, and other functional aspects of your forklift. The best forklift safety program starts with thorough maintenance inspections!
These safety tips and other forklift operating strategies are just some of the valuable content you’ll come across with each FLC training option, either the Training Kit or Train a Trainer. And with the aforementioned Operator Safety First concept in place, it’s easy to see why FLC is the trusted forklift safety training provider for firms all across the country.
Why is Forklift Safety Important?
Accidents, injuries, and other on-the-job mishaps will be investigated by OSHA. If you or your company are found to have operated forklifts or other powered industrial trucks without proper training, heavy fines and other financial penalties are very likely. Plus, the negative PR that could result from a lengthy investigation can do severe damage to both personal and professional reputations.
OSHA safety regulations are in place for a reason. That’s why it’s so important to follow the forklift safety tips (and other reference materials) outlined in this article.
Where Can You Find Forklift Safety Training?
Along with crucial forklift safety tips, all of the forklift certification training at FLC includes the skills, knowledge, and practical learning techniques to help you safely operate a lift. That’s great news for both you and your employer! You’ll enjoy enhanced job prospects and a better safety profile, and your employer will have peace of mind knowing they’ve hired an OSHA compliant forklift operator.
Forklift safety training is available wherever (and whenever) you have an internet connection. FLC’s three training courses (Train a Trainer, Forklift Training Kit, and the Bundle Package) feature 24/7 access, tons of user-friendly features, 100% OSHA compliance, and other built-in benefits. Get your training with FLC today!
FLC takes forklift safety training seriously, because we know how seriously OSHA takes workplace safety violations. With fines and penalties exceeding $100,000, your company can’t afford to ignore safety. With our forklift safety tips, detailed instruction and comprehensive training material, you’re equipped to handle everything that comes your way. To speak with our forklift safety consultants, please call (888) 278-8896. And for other ways to get in touch, the FLC contact page is a valuable resource. Thanks for choosing ForkliftCertification.com as your forklift safety training provider.