The Forklift Certification Card – Proof of Expert-Level, OSHA-Approved Training!
ForkliftCertification.com is a recognized industry leader in OSHA forklift safety training programs and the online forklift license card. Our courses are used by companies all across the United States to train their workplace and remain compliant with industry standards.
Affordable and time-efficient, FLC training classes are also incredibly convenient. With a secure internet connection, you and your employees can get an OSHA forklift certification card the same day that coursework is successfully completed.
Since 2002, no other company has surpassed ForkliftCertification.com. We’re trusted by reputable firms – both public and private – and can help your company today. Learn more below!
Why Do Operators Need a Forklift Certification Card?
It’s not enough to give training to your employees. You need a record proving that they’ve completed the education necessary to operate forklifts safely and pass all industry requirements. OSHA has set strict standards when it comes to equipment operation and training, in the effort to reduce the amount of accidents that occur every year.
According to OSHA, employers must ensure all operators have completed training and are competent to operate forklifts safely and properly. This is done through written instruction, practical evaluations, and paperwork outlining the successful completion of this training. A forklift certification card may seem insignificant, but it’s the tangible evidence that you’ve followed OSHA’s orders and are compliant. And as any employer knows, you understand that this means you’ll be able to avoid fines and potential legalities, as well as help prevent accidents in your workplace.
OSHA’s Requirements for the Forklift Certification Card
Before looking into getting a forklift license card, it’s important to know all of OSHA’s requirements for forklift training and certification. You can’t simply take a test and get your license. You need to complete a series of training steps that will be the most effective for teaching new operators how to drive forklifts safely and prevent accidents.
Here are OSHA’s requirements for forklift training and obtaining a forklift license:
Training must include these components:
- Formal instruction—lecture, discussion, interactive computer learning, video, and written material
- Practical training—demonstrations by the instructor and practical exercises performed by the student
- Evaluation of the trainee’s skills and performance in the workplace to qualify for the forklift certification card
The content of the training must include the following topics:
1. Truck-related topics:
- Operating instructions, warnings, and precautions
- Differences between the forklift and the automobile
- Truck controls and instrumentation
- Engine or motor operation
- Steering and maneuvering
- Vehicle capacity and stability
- Fork attachments
- Vehicle inspections and maintenance
- Refueling or re-charging the batteries
- Operating limitations
2. Workplace-related topics:
- Surface conditions of the work area
- Composition of loads
- Load stability
- Load stacking, unstacking, and handling
- Working around pedestrians
- Navigating narrow aisles
- Working around hazardous locations
- Maneuvering ramps and other sloped surfaces
- Driving in closed environments
- Other potentially hazardous environments and conditions
3. Refresher training—Must be given at least every three years or when the operator is involved with one of the following to update the forklift license card:
- Evaluation or observation proves unsafe driving practices
- Involved in an accident or near-miss
- Assignment to a different truck
- Workplace conditions change
How Can You Get a Forklift Operator Card for Employees?
The first step is finding a forklift training program that is 100% compliant with all OSHA requirements. ForkliftCertification.com is just that program, and provides the best forklift license backed by industry standards.
When you sign up with ForkliftCertification.com, you will have the option between two, or both of our training courses:
- Get your own in-house trainers to lead initial and refresher training for your employees
- Warehouse Forklifts, Classes 1, 4, 5
- Pallet Jacks and Order Pickers, Classes 2, 3
- Rough Terrain Forklifts, Class 7
These courses provide the forklift certification card as part of their comprehensive features. So whether your company designates a single training provider or offers training to a full forklift driving fleet, you’ll always have an OSHA-approved forklift license card for each of your operators– whenever and wherever you wish.
Unlimited forklift operator cards are also part of our value-added Bundle Package, which includes both Train a Trainer and the Training Kit. With easy-to-use printable templates, you’ll have streamlined access to forklift operator cards. Hiring new employees? No problem – just fill in their unique information and our forklift operator card template handles the rest. It’s never been easier to handle your company’s forklift training program – on your terms, and well under budget.
6 Steps to Get a Forklift Certification Card
To get employees certified and holding their forklift operator card, follow the easy steps below:
- Create an account on our website if you don’t already have one
- Register your business
- Choose a training course or the bundle package
- Give access to your employees to work through the modules at work or on their own time
- Provide the in-person evaluations to fulfill the training requirements
- Print your employee’s forklift certification card upon successful completion. It’s that simple to get the forklift license!
CHOOSE FLC FOR EASY, FAST, & AFFORDABLE FORKLIFT LICENSE– TODAY!
FLC has both Manager and Trainer login sessions, so each type of employee has 24/7 access to their forklift operator card, from any device with an internet connection. In only about one hour, from home or at work, employees can complete their training and receive their forklift certification card.
The big advantage here is that you can print out employee forklift certification cards whenever you like. We make our programs and forklift license card as easy and convenient for you to complete and obtain as possible:
- Update a specific forklift operator’s HR file
- Show instant training proof to OSHA personnel, in the event of an impromptu inspection
- Or, simply print out a forklift certification card for your employee’s own personal records. Training travels with the employee – once operators are certified with FLC, training is good until the expiration date.
- Get free three-year renewals for life with our forklift training program!
We don’t play around when it comes to safety. That’s why we’ve been trusted to provide forklift training and forklift certification cards to top companies like Harley-Davidson, U-Haul, Verizon, Snap-on Tools and many others.
Make sure your employees have their forklift license card. Get in touch with our OSHA forklift safety specialists at (888) 278-8896 or visit the FLC contact page for more information about forklift operator cards. Our course prices are incredibly affordable, costing only $59.95 per module or $299 for the entire training kit!
Thanks for making ForkliftCertification.com your trusted partner for OSHA forklift certification cards!